Wolfpack Wellness Badge Program
Explore the six elements of wellness through engagement opportunities to earn your badge and display your commitment to personal well-being.
What is the Badge Program?
The Wolfpack Wellness Badge program recognizes the completion of engagement in experiences that expand personal knowledge across the six elements of wellness: purpose, financial, physical, emotional, social and community.
The program provides community members with an opportunity to experience a variety of activities, services, events and programs at NC State and beyond. Earning your Wolfpack Wellness badge demonstrates your commitment to bettering your personal health and well-being.
The first 50 participants to earn their badge will receive a Wolfpack Wellness giveaway. In order to receive a badge, participants must:
- Watch the Wolfpack Wellness Overview video.
- Scan the QR code at the end of the video to complete the form.
- Complete at least one experience per element.
- Please see below for experience ideas that apply to each element.
- Experiences not listed may be submitted for consideration.
- Submit a reflection form for each experience.
- Claim your badge from Credly and display it proudly!
- Badges will be issued on Friday of the week in which all steps are completed.
Experiences Within the Six Elements
Regularly engaging in meaningful and satisfying work that aligns with personal values and goals.
- Complete a Clifton Strengths Assessment.
- Create a vision board.
- Create a LinkedIn profile.
- Volunteer with a nonprofit organization.
- Attend a career fair.
- Participate in a mock interview.
- Participate in a professional development activity.
- Register for e-Pack and upload a resume.
- Register for the Career Identity Program.
- Register for USC 202, Career Exploration for Purpose.
- Try an Informational Interview through Ask the Pack.
- Meet with a career/academic counselor.
- Meet with a mentor.
The awareness of current financial position and budgets and having resources to meet basic needs by saving and spending wisely.
Managing health through regular exercise, eating a balanced, nutritious diet and maintaining adequate sleep.
- Participate in a wellness challenge (movement, sleep, nutrition).
- Register for a physical exam at Campus Health.
- Meet with a registered dietitian.
- Try a Wolf Approved food in a C-store or dining hall.
- Meet with a personal trainer with Wellness and Recreation.
- Participate in two group fitness classes.
- Join an NC State intramural sports team.
- Complete a one-week sleep diary.
- Register for an Outdoor Adventures Trip.
- Attend a cooking demonstration in the teaching kitchen.
- Join a walking group.
- Participate in an organized running event (Krispy Kreme Challenge, Kay Yow, Veterans Day Run, Moonlight Howl and Run, etc.).
- Explore a new park/trail.
The ability to be self-aware and cope with challenges and needs while developing overall resilience.
Developing supportive networks by cultivating new or existing relationships.
- Attend a Wolfpack Wellness Power Lunch.
- Join a student organization.
- Attend an event in Get Involved (Howl and Chill, LDOC, etc.).
- Create/join a study group.
- Attend a 501 Club event.
- Attend a group fitness class with a colleague.
- Participate in an Office of Global Engagement event.
- Attend LIVE@Lake Raleigh.
The opportunity to contribute and connect individual passions and strengths that foster a safe and supportive environment.
- Attend an NC State athletics event.
- Become a Wellness Champion.
- Attend an Arts NC State event.
- Donate to Feed the Pack Food Pantry.
- Attend two Staff Senate meetings.
- Acknowledge a colleague with Paws and Say Thanks.
- Visit all nine Hallowed Places on campus.
- Attend Packapalooza.
- Take a walk and talk with Howling Cow ice cream.
- Visit the Agroecology Farm.
- Take a class at the Crafts Center.
- Visit the Gregg Museum of Art & Design.
- Visit JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Visit the Compost Facility.
- Attend a Chamber of Commerce event.
- Participate in a Campus Community Center event.
- Attend a Chancellor’s Open House.