Wolfpack Wellness Badge Program
The NC State Wolfpack Wellness Badge Program recognizes the completion of engagement in experiences that expand personal knowledge across the six elements of wellness: purpose, financial, physical, emotional, social and community. The program provides community members with an opportunity to experience a variety of activities, services, events and programs at NC State and beyond.
Earning your Wolfpack Wellness badge demonstrates your commitment to bettering your personal health and well-being.
In order to receive a badge participants must:
The first 50 participants to earn their badge will receive a Wolfpack Wellness giveaway!
Wolfpack Wellness Badge Program Experiences
Purpose | Regularly engaging in meaningful and satisfying work that aligns with personal values and goals.
- Complete a Clifton Strengths Assessment
- Create a vision board
- Create a LinkedIn profile
- Volunteer with a non-profit organization
- Attend a career fair
- Participate in a mock interview
- Participate in a professional development activity
- Register for e-Pack and upload a resume
- Register for Career Identity Program
- Register for USC 202 Career Exploration for Purpose
- Try an Informational Interview through Ask the Pack
- Meet with a Career/Academic Counselor
- Meet with a mentor
Financial | The awareness of current financial position and budgets and having resources to meet basic needs by saving and spending wisely.
Physical | Managing health through regular exercise, eating a balanced, nutritious diet and maintaining adequate sleep.
- Participate in a wellness challenge (movement, sleep, nutrition)
- Register for a physical exam at Campus Health Services
- Meet with a registered dietitian
- Try a Wolf Approved food in the C-Store or Dining Hall
- Meet with a personal trainer with Wellness and Recreation
- Participate in two group fitness classes
- Join an NC State intramural sports team
- Complete a one-week sleep diary
- Register for an Outdoor Adventures Trip
- Attend a cooking demonstration in teaching kitchen
- Join a walking group
- Participate in a organized running event (Krispy Kreme Challenge, Kay Yow, Veterans Day Run, Moonlight Howl and Run, etc)
- Explore a new park/trail
Emotional | The ability to be self-aware and cope with challenges and needs while developing overall resiliency.
- Attend two drop-in spaces
- Attend a wellness workshop
- Meet with a wellness coach
- Complete a gratitude worksheet
- Complete Mental Health First Aid training
- Complete QPR Training
- Create a self-care action plan
- Attend Mindful Monday
- Take a personality assessment
- Download and use a mindfulness app (Calm, Headspace, etc.)
Social | Developing supportive networks by cultivating new or existing relationships.
Community | The opportunity to contribute and connect individual passions and strengths that foster a safe and supportive environment.
- Attend an NC State Athletic event
- Become a Wellness Champion
- Attend an Arts at NC State event
- Donate to Feed the Pack Food Pantry
- Attend two Staff Senate meeting
- Acknowledge a colleague with Paws and Say Thanks
- Visit all nine Hallowed Places on campus
- Attend Packapalooza
- Take a Walk and Talk with Howling Cow Ice Cream
- Visit the Agroecology Farm
- Take a class at the Crafts Center
- Visit the Gregg Museum
- Visit JC Raulston Arboretum
- Visit the Compost Facility
- Attend a Chamber of Commerce Event
- Participate in a Campus Community Center event
- Attend Chancellor Open House