NC State’s Wellness Days offer students, faculty and staff, a variety of events and workshops focused on supporting the mental health and well-being of the Wolfpack community.
Schedule of Events
Browse all the opportunities to connect with others, gain useful skills, learn about wellness and have fun on any of NC State’s Wellness Days.
Thursday, April 15
|Wellness Day Care Package Giveaway||10 a.m. – 3 p.m.||Wellness and Recreation Center: Aquatics Center Entrance||Register Now|
|Faculty Chat Cafe: Teaching in Uncertain Times||9 – 10 a.m.||Virtual||Register Here|
|Exploring Alcohol Through Journaling: Understanding Patterns in Personal Alcohol Use Through Self-Reflection||10 – 11 a.m.||Virtual||Register Now|
|The Libraries on Twitch!||12 p.m.||Virtual||Watch Now|
|Cardio Dance Group Fitness Class||12 – 1 p.m.||Wellness and Recreation Center||Register on the Wellness and Recreation App|
|Team Field Day||12 – 5 p.m.||Miller Fields||Register on the Wellness and Recreation App|
|Mindful Movement||1 – 2 p.m.||Pullen Park||Register Now|
|Pan-Afrikan Week’s Trap Fit||1 – 2:45 p.m.||Stafford Commons||Register Here|
|What’s the Scoop||1 – 3 p.m.||Student Health Center||Register Now|
|DIY Terrariums||3 – 4 p.m.||Student Health Center||Register Now|
|Yoga Relaxation Group Fitness Class||8 – 9 p.m.||Wellness and Recreation Center||Register on the Wellness and Recreation App|
Wellness Day: Care Package Giveaway
To ensure that you feel your best we will distribute wellness essentials to students, faculty and staff. Stop by the Wellness and Recreation Center to pick up your care package.
Faculty Chat Cafes – Teaching in Uncertain Times
Are you ready for some coffee talk? Looking for a place to connect with colleagues, ask questions and share ideas about teaching in these challenging, uncertain times? Join DELTA, NC State University Libraries and the Office of Faculty Development virtually for the Faculty Chat Café in the spring. The Chat Café will be open via Zoom on Fridays, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m., beginning January 15, 2021. Additionally, the Café will be available on our spring Wellness Days.
Exploring Alcohol Through Journaling: Understanding Patterns in Personal Alchol Use Through Self- Reflection
In this program, students will be able to pick up journals and pens from Prevention Services and receive access to a Zoom program which examines the topic of personal alcohol use. The program will provide a foundation for understanding substance use using a wellness model; students will be allotted time to reflect on personal experiences but are not required to share personal information if they are not comfortable doing so. Learn about alcohol boundaries, risk factors for alcohol use disorder and social norms surrounding alcohol use on college campuses.
The Libraries on Twitch!
The Libraries Twitch channel will be streaming all afternoon starting with some video games! We’ll then be featuring streams on virtual reality, audio/visual productions, and makerspace technology.
Cardio Dance Group Fitness Class
Dance your way into Wellness. Join wellness and recreation in a Cardio dance class. This aerobic dance workout is a great way to sweat the stress away and has easy to follow choreography.
Team Field Day
The Team Field Day re-creates your favorite school field day activities at a whole new level. Make a two-person team and join us on Thursday, April 15 anytime between 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. for Spring-time vibes and good times. Competitions include water balloon toss, relay race, cornhole longest toss and bubble soccer.
Interested in learning more about mindfulness practices? Join us for an immersive, physically-distant mindful movement demonstration.
What’s the Scoop
Join Prevention Services for free ice cream and to learn some information and harm reduction strategies for alcohol and other drugs.
Pan-Afrikan Week’s Trap Fit
Join the Black Students Board for a Trap fitness class as part of our annual Pan-Afrikan Week. Engage in a physical wellness event with a fun exercise routine as a self care opportunity for you on this wellness day. Register for your in-person spot or participate via livestream
Make your own terrarium. Join Prevention Services for a special edition Flourish event. We will have kits available to assemble a terrarium. Materials provided.
Yoga Relaxation Group Fitness Class
Relax at Wellness and Recreation in our new mind/body studio by joining us in a peaceful flow. This class is great for beginners or those looking for mobility and relaxation.
Tips and Resources
Get wellness resources including guides, videos, articles and more.
- Pick up your wellness care package from the Wellness and Recreation Center
- Explore your virtual wellness toolkit
- Identify fulfilling activities that you enjoy and benefit you emotionally, mentally and/or physically
- Brainstorm how you can engage in these activities organically and throughout your daily life
- Discover your strengths
- Set goals to increase engagement gradually
- Download the Wellness and Recreation App
- Practice mindful gratitude. One of the best ways to start cultivating an attitude of mindfulness is to start thinking intentionally about things you’re grateful for
- Write down what you are grateful for in a journal, on your phone, or even on the side of a to-do list
- When times are tough, ground yourself by finding an aspect of life that is positive
- Identify one thing you are grateful for each day and/or one thing you are looking forward to
- 40 Simple ways to practice gratitude
Make it Routine
- Create a healthy eating routine you can build on
- Pack a healthy lunch and snacks for work or school
- Drink water instead of drinks high in sugar
- Take the long route
- Walk the greenway or walk the trails around Lake Raleigh
- Add self-care activities to your calendar and follow through
- Take a group fitness class by signing up through the WellRec App
- Sleep for 7-9 hours every night
Improve Your Environmental Wellness
- Limit fluorescent lighting in your space
- Take screen breaks
- Keep your work/study space separate from your sleep space
- Have at least one item in every space you frequent that brings you joy
Know Your Resources
- How to stay well during COVID-19
- Cooking with the Pack: Chickpea Curry
- Building connection in a virtual world
- What is the counseling center?
- Setting up your systems for success
- HIIT workout at home
- Outdoor explorations
- Boundaries as self-care
- Stop the stigma
- Don’t panic: causes and prevention of panic attacks
From student organizations to University-wide resources, our campus partners are working to make Wellness Day events happen.
Are you interested in hosting an event? Let us know what you have planned here.